Saturday, December 27, 2008

Nearing the end of 2008


I can not believe in just a few days we will be celebrating a New Year! Can you? I am hopeful for a great 2009 for all of our family and friends. I am hopeful that the economy will turn around. I am hopeful that our family and friends will stay safe and well. I am hopeful that good things are a head. As I think back on the year, there have been some wonderful things happen - Landry turned 5, Kelsey turned 10, and our little doggie Sadie turned 14. Dave and I celebrated our 15th wedding anniversary. We took part in Relay for Life on Team Ashley in honor of our sweet little friend Ashley (who is doing wonderful! She had a little battle with RSV this past week but was well enough to come home for Christmas - what a huge blessing!). We went to Disney World and loved every magical moment or the trip. Kelsey and I went to see the Jonas Brothers in concert. Kelsey started 5th grade and Landry started Kindergarten. We had a wonderful Thanksgiving and Christmas. My dad is doing good, just wish I could see him more.

With all the good there is always some sadness. Our dear friends Christi and Joshua lost Joshua's mom this year after a very short battle with cancer. And just yesterday my dear friend Elaine lost her dad. He had been ill for a while and he could not fight it any longer. I ask that you keep Elaine and her family in your prayers.


I am sending Happy New Year wishes your way and hope it is a wonderful year for each of you!


1 comment:

Jessica said...

Thanks for the encouraging words! It means alot to have friends who support us!