Monday, July 6, 2009

Legoland and the Beach - Ahhhh we love California

Road trips are fun! I remember all my vacations as a kid taking to the road with my parents. I love vacations, I love staying in hotels, seeing new places, taking pictures, making memories - I love it all!! I am so happy to be able to share a trip like this with our kids and am glad that Dave got to go on a trip like this and I think he liked it and wants to do more.
What a beautiful place Carlsbad, Ca is ... the weather was great, the area was great, the trip to Legoland was great and the trip to the beach was great (cold but great). On Monday and Tuesday we were in Carlsbad and visited Legoland both days. Landry was on cloud 9 and wants to go back again. Legos everywhere and rides too all this made Landry a happy boy and he kept calling it his trip. Kelsey had fun too. She loves rides and loves roller coasters.
Ok so I totally get it ... In-N-Out is awesome!!! I really thought it was just hype all this time but now I am a believer - if you go to California you MUST have a stop at In-N-Out and that is an order. We had two stops at In-N-Out and both times it was awesome. Kelsey loved the fries!!
Surfers!!!! Look at the surf dudes .... it was cool at the beach but they did not seem to mind.

Kelsey and Landry loved the beach and would have loved playing there longer if we had more time and if it were a little warmer. This may have to be a Christmas card picture :). Oh I want to go back there right now - anyone want to go with me??


Legoland!!! Look at Landry - he is so excited! Jumping all around and his hair flopping everywhere .... classic Landry. Kelsey looks pretty happy too. :)

Getting their driver's license at Lego Driving School.

As you know I have a loading issue and here are the kids in front of the entrance to Legoland (actually at the end of the day but who has to know - oh you do now ;) )


Entering the Miniland area of Legoland where all the amazing lego displays are - every building, every car, every person, etc .... made out of Legos!! Well the grass is grass, the water is water, etc ;)

Climbing the palm trees - Kelsey rang the bell at the top. Landry stopped in the middle and would not go up or down - a Legoland worker had to go help him down (reminds me of a ski trip I went on where I fell over and over and a ski patrol person had to help me to the bottom of the mountain :( ).

A fun ride to start off the day - getting wet! They loved it :).
Landry with a giant Bionical - he was so in his element. We have more to share from day 2 at Legoland, our trip to Hollywood, and the Grand Canyon so stay tuned!

1 comment:

Lori P said...

Love all the pictures. Looks like you guys had so much fun. I remember all those family vacations from when I was a kid and we drove all over the place. So you know Kelsey and Landry will remember this trip for a lifetime. Such fun memories! Priceless!!!